Benin Trip Dates: July 21-August 6, 2016 church plant /medical outreach, youth camp, evangelism, VBS
- Airfare per person $2300 plus trip insurance, about $150 per person
- Room, Board, and travel expenses in Benin: $60-100/day, 15 days
- U. S. Passport: $165 (other fees may apply)
- Benin Visa: $140 plus mail fees (for three year visa)
- Total: around $4000
U. S. Passport: Apply now if you do not have one, might take 4-6 weeks. If you are applying for the first time or if your passport is more than 15 years old, you must apply in person at an acceptance facility or Passport Agency. For directions, needed documents and to download application, go to:
Benin Visa Requirements: Before filling out your application, you will need:
- Yellow Fever vaccination
- $140.00 application fee
- Passport size photo
- U. S. Passport
- Copy of your round trip tickets to Benin or a certified letter from your travel agent or employer. (They need to know you are returning to US!
- Website for application and directions: http://www.beninembassy.us/visa_form.php
Immunizations: Many vaccinations require more than one shot, several months apart. Some vaccinations are only offered at certain times of the year. Starting with your doctor and then your county health department can save you money. Two travel clinic websites listed below offer one stop shopping. Vaccinations are expensive and can cost $300.00 or more but most shots protect you for several years.
CDC website offers great travel information for Benin.